Another Nazi secret weapon

Bluez

Full Access Member
German had all sorts of space plans.
if they had won the war, man would have likely been on the moon at least decade earlier.
Tho he would have worn the swastika on his sleeve

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
The Rat

Nazi Germany was very into tank warfare. Naturally, when you take over Europe you mostly do it on land, and having a tank can be an incredible tactical and psychological advantage. Hitler wanted to press that advantage to the hilt, so he tasked his engineers with creating ever-larger and more imposing vehicles.

The Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte was the apotheosis of this philosophy – a 1,000-ton armored dreadnaught that boasted a 128mm anti-tank gun, eight anti-aircraft guns and even an internal garage to store motorcycles for

scouting. The Ratte was so heavy that it would have destroyed any roads it drove on, making them unusable. The project was scrapped in early 1943 and none were ever completed.

mensscarriest-weapons07the-ratratte-tank.jpg

Bluez

Full Access Member
As a child I heard a rumor one of my grand uncles from the german side spent time in south America during the war having shootouts with the FBI when the FBI was helping/encouraging the Brasilian gov't to put parts of it's german minority into camps.
(At the time the FBI was assigned Latin America)

I have no idea how much truth there was to this story though and I remember little else.

kwo51

Full Access Member
We will never know what went on,and would still be flying bi-planes if not for the Germany.

Lis

the very big tank was not a good idea. it was exposed to attack. it was slowly and not manoeuvrable one.

Lis

in ww2 tanks had a great significance. All initial successes of Nazi ( annexation of part of Poland, all France, Belgium, Holland...) were possible by using tanks;) the same was with Soviet successes by this is a other story..

Lis

Germans got a problem with Gas on the end of the WW2, they wanted to got gas from Caucasia but they campaign in USSR ended with defeat.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Russia's not so secret weapon was manpower..they could draw on millions upon millions from as far as Siberia and no matter how many the Germans killed they kept coming. One German officer said "Attacking Russia is like an elephant attacking a host of ants, sure in the beginning the elephant will kill thousand maybe millions but in the end the elephant will be consumed and eaten to the bone". 75% of all Germans killed during WWII were on the Eastern Front...biggest mistake Hitler ever made.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts