3D Printing

Arckadian

Well I have started a new thing for me and I am creating 3D printed items for the geeks and cosplayer types of people here in Utah. I am currently making some masks, belt buckles, blasters and other things with my 3D printer and finally getting some money to help pay the bills. The funny thing is that one of the blasters I am making is based of the Mauser Broomstick handgun from WW 2 I believe. I have added a picture of the Broomstick and the blaster that was the end result, and a variation of the blaster that I am printing. I have 2 different version of the blaster, and the current print is not the same as the image, but I will post some images of it once I get more of the print completed.

I have been posting the printing of the blaster on my facebook page, every few hours I will take some pictures with my phone and you can look at that there if you want, but I will post the completed project when I get it ready. I also know someone else that wants me to print him a Bradley Fighting Vehicle M2A3, M1A2 Abrams Tank, M113 APC, and a M1115 Humvee. It seems as though my business may end up going across state lines soon.

Attachments

• BroomStick.jpg
    BroomStick.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Blaster.jpg
    Blaster.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 5

Arckadian

You would be correct. That is the Han Solo blaster, at least one version of it. I am currently working on more items for other people as well. One person wants models of military vehicles that he served on. My father joked around that he wants a Dodge Viper truck, still working on either making one myself or seeing if I can find one that I can print out the is more like a "build it yourself" kind of model. I am working with someone that can make molds of the items so we can have a few more options with the completed products as well. Its been really fun so far.

Arckadian

Well I finished the print, but I need to make a slight modification and create one piece so that I can finish the blaster. The printing of the new piece should only take minutes, but I need it so that the end actually snaps onto the barrel. The model is just a little to small. I will get the item made and submit pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts