223 on stripper clips

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I don't know anything about the stripper clips.......are they easy to remove to put in mag or use tool to fill mag? I know hat those in the military have an answer for this question. I would appreciate it....thanks in advance my friends...........
Concealed 27

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Used as a tool to load magazines. You can rapidly load versus one at a time. Pretty neat tool, sure there's a video somewhere that could show you. (Not to sound smart, I'm on a phone or I would look)

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Skip for about 2 minutes to see the loading.

He makes is look a bit more difficult than it really is.:rape:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CugXijCx2sc]How to use a 5.56 stripper clip with USGI and PMAG Magazines - YouTube[/ame]

If the ammo is already on the stripper clip it is pretty easy. If not, there is little purpose in bothering with the clips as it is not any quicker than just loading the mag directly.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Its easy to do on the metal mags but for some reason I cant get it done of the polymer mags.

anyone else have more luck?

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thanks guys I found some other videos on you tube, don't know why I didn't look there to begin with but i appreciate the help. Sometimes the mind goes blank, I am a blonde lol.....
Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
Ain't that the truth. To think we sat around loading mags all day,The USMC would not have that. That you tube made it look harder than it is.

shooter

I've used the stripper clip guides on both metal and polymer mags successfully.

I took a rifle class and loaded all my ammo into stripper clips to save time and my fingers from loading mags.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Stripper clips have been used on guns without a detachable magazine. Like a SKS for instance (fixed mag). Their bolt is adapted to accept the stripper clip and all you do is push down on the cartridge to load the magazine and throw the stripper clip aside. But when it comes to detachable magazines, it's easier to just change them out then to mess with the stripper clips.

shooter

Oh I agree SRT10, I just used them to reload my mags quickly. I carried 9 mags on my for my training course and knowing that I was going to shoot a lot, I didn't want to spend a ton of time reloading the mags. IMHO it's something you do on the bench, not during a fight, unless you have to.

kwo51

Full Access Member
The m14 had a place to use stripper clip like the Garrand and it was easy to load detachable mags this way. Under stress one bullet at a time sucks. We were issued bandoleers with preloaded m16 mags.

Members online

No members online now.