Sad news

kwo51

Full Access Member
My son-in-law did the same thing only a year after his paralyses. Hard to handle but they were able to decide.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
So sad. Why did he not have a safety harness on??? There are so many examples of why you wear them! I have a paralyzed friend who fell from a treestand 20 years ago. He still hunts from a wheel chair.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
That is the same choice I would make. Some will say that it is cowardice to end life instead of continuing. For me it is more about being a burden on someone to care for me, and the fact that I wouldn't truly be living if I were paralyzed.
That is why I have a living will, and my family knows my wishes.

Yes, he should have been wearing a harness. But it may be possible that he fell while climbing up to the stand when he fell.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I'm a chicken when it comes to heights. I wear a climbing belt on the way up. I then hook up my line once at top before I disconnect my climbing belt. I fell 2 stories while in the Seabees, don't care to repeat that.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Have not fell out of my ground blind yet. Have had deer, hog and turkey walk right next to me in it.To close to move gun to shoot. I have had tree stands both climbing and fixed and found the ground blind to more convent and portable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts