Russian women snipers

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
775+confirmed+kills+in+one+picture,+1945.jpg

775 confirmed kills from these ladies of WWII..the old song "Svetlana the Sneaky Sniper" rang true on the Eastern Front. Taken 1945.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
If I die on the Russian front berry me with a russia ****. Song we sang at PI while doing PT.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Front row/far right. I think she really enjoys being a sniper. She wants to shoot something right now.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Looks like they are all carrying the Mosin-Nagant 91/30 with PU scopes..which was pretty standard fare for a sniper at the time. Estimates claim that 25K Germans were killed by Soviet snipers during the war..something like five full divisions.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
The eastern front is where the REAL war was fought and won. The numbers of troops and equipment involved, and the number of casualties is just staggering.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Close to 2,000 Russian women served as snipers during the war but they had a mortality rate of close to 75%..which was on par with German U-Boat crews.

If you get the chance read the book Stalingrad The Fateful Siege: 1942-43 by Anthony Beevor...bodies piled up faster than they could bury them.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Here is my latest photo from my collection..I call it Enemy at the Gates..Mosin 91/30 7.62X54R and a correct period scope. Russian helmet is a SSH-40 dug up in Stalingrad..seen with a few holes...medals and photos are real too.

IMG_5086_zps8b77e3f3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.