Ruger SR1911 Commander

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Back in August my Dad surprised me by giving me a present, a Ruger SR1911 Commander. I was completely shocked and super excited. Even more so after taking it out shooting! I have taken it to the range three times and am in love. So far the only thing I have added is an extra magazine, a Wilson 7 round with a bumper. The factory mags have been 100% so far but I'll trust the Wilson for carry.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
I had one, you are getting a lot of gun for the money going with the Ruger....I ended up trading it as I'm just not that into 1911s but the Ruger is a well executed one.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Great present!

the SR1911 (5") is on my short list of guns to buy. In fact it's #1. It's so close I can taste it. Glad you like yours. All the reviews seem overwhelmingly positive.

Arckadian

Ok this may be a nOOb question, but I have seen this a lot and have no idea what it means. What is +p?

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Thanks everyone. I am tempted to save up and get some stag grips for it. Every time I watch Longmire the temptation gets worse. :gr_grin: Darn things are expensive but I love the looks on a stainless 1911.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts