Purchase input.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
I am in the market for a 1911 full size. Currently at the top of my list is the SIG 1911 Match Elite 2-tone. Looking for input on any compared options. Like stay in the under $1500 range.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
RD,
I am a fan of SIGS. P226 9mm/.22, P228, P230, & 716 currently on the SIG shelf. Their 1911's are looking good.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I did lot's of research before buying my 1911 and sig came out on top for me. You've set your budget a little higher than I did in all fairness though. I've read good and bad about Kimber depending on how you wanna look at it. It seems their tolerances are so tight it takes 500 or so rounds to break them in where they function better. I haven't read anything bad about Springfield so I'd say it would come down to preference. I've been happy with every Sig I've owned except the p250 which was only the trigger that I didn't care for.

SWSS

Full Access Member
e8umetem.jpg
edited to add my baby. I am also biased but I really like the S&W "E" series.

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Never shot one, but being a S&W "fan-boy" myself, I have to agree with SWSS.
108411_01_lg_zps3f79dc1b.jpg

Or for a few dollars more...........
170343_01_lg_zps4a68ffd5.jpg

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Tried to order the E series two tone with the bottom rail, disco'd...

SWSS from somewhere....

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
This will be a range only machine so I didn't see a need for a rail or other gizmo's. First 1911 for me since I shot on the Army pistol team in the early 80's. Feeling nostalgic I guess.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Yep. Why i ended up with the full stainless. Wish i wouldve bought 3...

SWSS from somewhere....

Members online

No members online now.