News of the weird

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Thought I should start a topic of news of the weird concerning weapons..here is one I found recently.

ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Police say employees found a live hand grenade in a Salvation Army donation box on Monday.

Just before 9:00 am, the Roseburg Police Department was called to the Salvation Army Thrift Store and Donation Center, when two employees reported to a supervisor that they located what they thought was a toy grenade inside some donations.

They picked it up and quickly realized that it was not a toy, and appeared to be real.

Police say the employees placed the grenade in an empty donation bin and the area was evacuated.

Roseburg Public Works employees helped the police department with setting up barricades to block traffic in the immediate area.

The Oregon State Police Bomb Squad responded and took possession of the grenade, which they said did appear to be live ordnance.

Staff at the Salvation Army said the grenade was mixed in with a lot of other donations and could have been in the business for several weeks to a month.

Officials say they had no way of tracking who had left it, or when.

The Roseburg Police Department would like to remind the public to never handle a suspicious device.

Good advice there..nothing like ruining your day over some grenade.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
A Washington woman was arrested in a hospital emergency room Thursday after she left a bomb in a car parked just outside, police said. Suspicious officers then searched her home — and found another bomb.

The woman, identified as Krista L. Hendershot, 42, was being driven to the ER at Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton, WA. about 20 miles west of Seattle, when she told the driver that she was carrying a bomb, police said.

The man — who the Kitsap Sun newspaper, quoting an investigator, reported had stopped to assist the woman — told hospital staff, who called Bremerton police about 7:30 a.m. (10:30 a.m. ET).

Police sealed off the area and called the State Patrol bomb squad, which found the device in the car parked out front, Bremerton police said in a statement. Officers described it as "an improvised explosive device" comprising an agricultural field bomb nestled in a ring of six carbon dioxide canisters.

The bomb squad found a second device wrapped in tape at her mobile home in nearby Poulsbo and immediately evacuated eight surrounding homes, Poulsbo police said. Deputy Police Chief Robert Wright told NBC station KING of Seattle that the bomb was "very similar in nature" to the one that was found at the hospital.

Let's see now I have my robe, slippers, some makeup and a explosive device..check.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Things have always been weird, the internet just lets us all share in the madness.:anitoof:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Check this one out..really weird in my book.

Deer Head

It seems Chelsea Harrison, 23, of Zephyrhillis, Fla., decided that her ex-boyfriend Terry Nowakowski, 20, had stepped over the line when he stepped outside of their shared home to call his current girlfriend. So she locked him out. When he removed the screen and poked his head in the window, she allegedly punched him in the face.

So naturally, he broke down the door. But Harrison was more than ready for him. She had armed herself with a mounted deer head and charged Nowakowski. According to the police report, Harrison, "began striking him in the face and body with the ends of the antlers until she lost her grip dropping it to the floor.

Nowakowski, whose face was reportedly cut, swollen and bruised, ran and called for help. Harrison, ( smiling like the cat who swallowed the canary) denied the allegations. She was charged with domestic battery.

Harrison and Nowakowski, who own the home in common, have a daughter, 3, who witnessed the fight. The report states that they live together for financial reasons, and, "for the good of the child."

I didn't know a deer head could be considered a dangerous weapon but in the wrong hands..lookout!

kwo51

Full Access Member
Should have seen the front of my dads van when a buck in rut hit it head on at 10 miles an hour. Looked like it was attacked by an ice pick. Deer ran back into the woods.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
From Dallas:

A Parker County woman faces charges after she allegedly pointed a revolver at Sheriff’s deputies. The incident happened after midnight Tuesday morning in the 5200 block of Tin Top Road.

Deputies said they found 66-year-old Donna Sue Ellis walking in the street, carrying a gun, and talking about monsters. Deputies said they demanded that she drop the gun, but Ellis reportedly refused and pointed the weapon at deputies twice.

Deputies said they used a stun gun to stun Ellis, disarmed her, and arrested her.

She has since been released from jail.

… thought this was going to be a boring story until I read the part about the monsters.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I couldn't find a holster story:

There are some places you should definitely not hide a gun.

Police in North Carolina believe that despite multiple searches after a traffic violation , a suspect managed to sneak a 10-inch gun into a prison last Monday by concealing the weapon in his rectum.

One day later, officers confiscated the .38 revolver from the jail cell of Michael Leon Ward, arrested Jan. 9, a statement from the Onslow County Sheriff's Office explains. They'd performed a strip search on Ward and even required that he "squat and cough" to see if he held any contraband, but nothing turned up, according to MSNBC.

He was initially arrested because police allegedly found drugs and related paraphernalia during the traffic stop.

Jailhouse guards discovered the handgun in the toilet after other inmates reported Ward.

Ward will be taken to OMH for possible injuries that may have occurred to Ward's rectum where it is believed Ward may have concealed the .38 caliber, six inch barrel revolver. The gun was not loaded. However, the gun was test fired by the OCSO CSI to determine its functionality and it was in operational condition.

Ward is wanted in Georgia for prior charges including murder, armed robbery, driving without a license, impaired diving, obstructing a police officer, and offering a false report to a police officer.

:wtf2:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That's just nasty, he must be used to getting raped in prison from his priors......
:plugged::facepalm:
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.