Light Sources when electricity isn't available.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've got some solar panels on the roof. They were connected to a charger and keeping an assortment of batteries charged. I then had an inverter connected to the batteries that would power lights etc. Something happened to the batteries. I think they need more attention than I was giving to them. I need to get back out there and figure out what was going on. I also need a better inverter. The one I had was inexpensive. No...lets call it what it really is. CHEAP foreign crap. I need to get a better sine wave inverter. The old one kept killing my light timers. Try, try again......

Last edited:

Arckadian

I made a generator out of a salvaged water cooled three cylinder Kubota and an ST 10k gen head. Powers most of the house and burns 1 gallon of diesel every 4 hours.

Heres a pic of the test and tune stage.

e8ce927d53b925f792bf1be14ccc5086.jpg

Now that is fairly impressive. I am looking at alternative power sources myself at the moment, and I have though of a generator, but building my own was something on the back burner for me since I have gotten lazy and sold my toolbox sometime ago. Didn't like the thoughts of my expensive tools rusting in my garage, so I help a guy out at work that just went into the shop and needed some.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts