Glocks

kwo51

Full Access Member
Firearms writer reports that glocks are the cause of many AD's and bad shootings because of the triggers. The short trigger stroke and no external safety have been the cause and they should not be service weapons. He also went on to say that under stress the trigger is covered by the finger and poor training will result in AD. I guess he wants everybody to go back to double action revolvers. This writer has many years of LEO experience.

doublestack

I'm no expert, but I would hate to be a police officer w/ a 6 or 7 shot revolver and have to go up against a bad guy(s) w/ semi-auto weapons! Maybe more training and qualifying or change to a DA/SA weapon w/ decocker and have it holstered in DA or 1/2 cocked....?
I never cc'd my Glock 23 w/ round chambered for this reason.....didn't trust myself due to lack of training and range time.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Firearms writer reports that glocks are the cause of many AD's and bad shootings because of the triggers. The short trigger stroke and no external safety have been the cause and they should not be service weapons. He also went on to say that under stress the trigger is covered by the finger and poor training will result in AD. I guess he wants everybody to go back to double action revolvers. This writer has many years of LEO experience.

Isn't that true of any firearm?... or pretty much anything for that matter. Poor training can result in motorcycle crashes, car accidents, falling off roofs, cuts while shaving, hang nails, etc.

If there is a problem, I would say it is more with the design of some retention holsters that place the release in a position to be pressed by the trigger finger. I think a thumb break is a much better option.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I also think that there are way more glock pistols out there now than say 20 years ago. The fact that glock must be fired before field striping seems to be a problem. Training..

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Good point. The fact that Glock is, by far, the most popular pistol with police forces has a lot to do with the number of negligent discharges involving Gaston's pistols.

Could we say that the P-08 Luger must be really safe since it's never involved when a cop shoots himself in the foot??:)

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Most ads with Glocks occurs when bolstering from what I've researched. I have owned a glock since 1992 and have had one unintentional discharge and lucky I did not receive a gunshot wound......

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Pretty neat test got 9 outta 13 correct, some of them were odd questions.....but thanks for posting......Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts