Glock Mag Hack, Make them easy to read !!!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Anyone else ever filled in the markings on their Glock mags? Sure makes it nice when you have multiple caliber mags and lighting in the range isn't all that great.

No, this is not Crayon.

Attachments

• MagsContrast 011.jpg
    MagsContrast 011.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 7

kwo51

Full Access Member
Also color code. white marker for 9mm red for 40, still white numbers . This id is on the back of the mag where the type is.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Also color code. white marker for 9mm red for 40, still white numbers . This id is on the back of the mag where the type is.

Not a bad idea either. You can use any colors you want. You can even mix colors on one mag if you want. Which is helpful if you and your buddies use the same type mags, then you know whose is whose when your doing competitions and just letting mags fall to the floor.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Pretty easy 3 step process.

#1 Clean your mags backs with 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol.

#1a Be sure to let them air dry of the Alcohol for a few minutes.

#2 Using fingernail polish, color of your choice is fine, paint the #'s, Logo, and Caliber ID. Of course you're going to be painting all over the markings. Go ahead and do it. Unless you want the dots painted too, avoid getting polish in the circles.

#2a Let the fingernail polish dry. Usually doesn't take long. I let mine dry for about 20 minutes.

#3 Using NON ACETONE, I repeat, NON ACETONE Fingernail Polish remover, to your cleaning pads, the same ones you use to clean your bore and such with, just lightly start rubbing the mag. You'll see the excess overage start to clean off leaving the markings filled in. You might want to use a 2nd clean pad to get a good cleaning of the excess polish. AGAIN !!! NON ACETONE Fingernail Polish !!!

After letting them dry. You can do it right away, or even wait another day, do a 2nd coat and repeat the procedure if you wish. I did and the 2nd coat did make a difference and filled in the markings even better.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I got everything I need at Walmart for less than $8 with sales tax. 16oz bottle of Alcohol, 10oz bottle of Equate brand Non Acetone Fingernail Polish remover and Salon Perfect Brand Nail Polish was $3.78 for a 14ml/.5oz bottle.

That's enough product to do all the mags you could possibly have and your buddies mags too. The stuff goes a very long way.

Damn, I didn't realize you can spend $8-$10 on a bottle of nail polish. I went with the cheap shit and it seems to have done just fine and filled in the markings just fine. I like the outcome alot.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
You can also follow the same procedure and highlight the markings in the slide of your Glock too if you want to. Same exact procedure. I'll be doing mine soon. Probably the next time I clean it.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I got everything I need at Walmart for less than $8 with sales tax. 16oz bottle of Alcohol, 10oz bottle of Equate brand Non Acetone Fingernail Polish remover and Salon Perfect Brand Nail Polish was $3.78 for a 14ml/.5oz bottle.

That's enough product to do all the mags you could possibly have and your buddies mags too. The stuff goes a very long way.

Damn, I didn't realize you can spend $8-$10 on a bottle of nail polish. I went with the cheap shit and it seems to have done just fine and filled in the markings just fine. I like the outcome alot.

Did the checkout person look at you funny when you bought that stuff? :rondod:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts