Fn fnx-45

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
I was at my LGS yesterday with the intent to pick up an FN FNX-45. THey had 2 in stock. I really wanted to like this gun. All the reports I read were very positive. As soon as it was in my had I knew it would never work for me. First problem was the extremely aggressive texturing on the grips. It felt like I wrapped my hand around a cheese grater. The grip size and angle were great. The grip feel was not good at all. Next was the mag release on the right side. With my grip my trigger finger rode directly across the mag release. When I tried a pulling the trigger in DA the mag dropped free. I tried several hand position adjustments and all had the same result. I was bummed.

If you are looking at the FN FNX series make sure you try before you buy.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
I had an FNX-9, I loved it....I only sold it due to having an excess of 9mm pistols but I intend to replace it with a .45.

The grip is very aggressive, if you don't care for it a Hogue overmold sleeve will tame it down. The mag release worked fine for me but everyone has different hands...using one of the other back straps may have helped. I miss mine quite a bit, I've been tempted to buy another 9 and .45.

Pictured in the middle.
fb2eadc1.jpg

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Currently at the top of my .45 list is the SIG220 & the Glock 21SF. FN makes some very fine weapons and I am still looking for the elusive 5-7. The FNX series is just not in the cards for me.

Members online

No members online now.