FFL Licenses

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
I have a personal friend that is going through the process for his business and he told me he had to put up $5000 and was told 3-5 years before he gets his license. Not sure if he was pulling my leg but.....

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Do you want to open shop? Just make it easier for you to purchase guns? If you want to actually buy and sell firearms then yeah, you'll need the FFL. If you just want an easier way to buy guns for yourself then a CCW is the way to go. No more pesky permits to process. Just show the guy behind the counter your CCW and walk out with just about anything you want. (excludes class 3 weapons)

reefguy89

not really opening a store front just want to bealbe to have guns shipped straight to me instead of going thru a store, then maybe eventually open a store down the road.

Mike Hammer

not really opening a store front just want to bealbe to have guns shipped straight to me instead of going thru a store, then maybe eventually open a store down the road.

The odds are not in your favor. The purpose of the FFL is not to sell guns to yourself.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor

Probably not going to happen. It's REALLY tough to get a FFL for your home address. I don't think it's worth the trouble if you're not going to use it to make money... it's kind of a pain in the ass. Just my opinion.

TopGunArms

Hello, this is me first post, so please be kind. A customer introduced me to the forum and I'm sure I will enjoy the time on the site. Well as an FFL with the 7 designation (firearms manufacture) I know the process and procedures of obtaining an FFL. First go to your local government and see if there are any restrictions. If not go on line to the ATF site and find the application. There is a fee to submit. It's not 5000.00. The yearly SOT (special occupational tax) for class 2 weapons is 500.00 or 1000.00 depending on your yearly sales. Once submitted you WILL have a meeting with the ATF. It's a time to go through your application and train you on paperwork. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Arckadian

Hello, this is me first post, so please be kind. A customer introduced me to the forum and I'm sure I will enjoy the time on the site. Well as an FFL with the 7 designation (firearms manufacture) I know the process and procedures of obtaining an FFL. First go to your local government and see if there are any restrictions. If not go on line to the ATF site and find the application. There is a fee to submit. It's not 5000.00. The yearly SOT (special occupational tax) for class 2 weapons is 500.00 or 1000.00 depending on your yearly sales. Once submitted you WILL have a meeting with the ATF. It's a time to go through your application and train you on paperwork. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome aboard me be the one that invited you. This guy here knows his stuff and was very helpful for me and VJ when we got our firearms from him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts