Falling gas prices

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Gas prices continue to fall across the country and is a huge relief for motorist but for the oil producers and investors they have taken a hit..already below two bucks a gallon in some states like Oklahoma below.

6117132_G.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Gasoline is going for $2.46 here but Diesel is down to $3.13. So the diesel price in that picture is still a bit high.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Oil companys have been drilling us for years ,now we get to repay them. When diesel get lower the cost of food will come down.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Oil companys have been drilling us for years ,now we get to repay them. When diesel get lower the cost of food will come down.

As I understand it it's OPEC and the Middle East that are controlling things. They have brought the price of a barrel of oil down significantly. From what I've heard it's to hurt Russia. The news is saying they're on the verge of financial collapse. And they're trying to convince the US that fracking is more expensive than buying from them.

How long this will last remains to be seen. I would be pleasantly surprised to see this continue for any length of time. Also the oil refineries are pumping out more fuel than they have in the past. There aren't any new refineries but they've made the existing one's more productive. So the laws of supply and demand kick in. With more product being available the prices come down. But it's all driven my politics. I think the main reason is because the Middle East wants to put a hurtin' on Russia.

Want To Hurt Russia? Lower The Price Of Oil

Fast-moving Russian economic collapse causing panic - CBS News

Members online

No members online now.