Earthquake monitoring site

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Not sure if you have noticed an increase of earthquakes and volcanoes lately. Many small quakes reported around the famous "Ring of Fire" which you can see on the website. Even has been several small quakes in Oklahoma and Kansas lately too..some say due to oil fracking. Not to mention the underground cauldron of hot lava in Yellowstone Park, which some say will explode in the near future or a 1,000 years from now but it will happen according to many scientist. Not to mention also the San Andreas fault running thru California.

I don't lay awake thinking about earthquakes and such but I have a feeling something big will happened according to mother nature in the near future.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/#{%22feed%22%3A%221day_m25%22%2C%22search%22%3Anull%2C%22sort%22%3A%22newest%22%2C%22basemap%22%3A%22satellite%22%2C%22autoUpdate%22%3Atrue%2C%22restrictListToMap%22%3Atrue%2C%22timeZone%22%3A%22local%22%2C%22mapposition%22%3A[[-76.9206135182968%2C-24.960937499999996]%2C[76.84081641443098%2C425.03906249999994]]%2C%22overlays%22%3A{%22plates%22%3Atrue}%2C%22viewModes%22%3A{%22map%22%3Atrue%2C%22list%22%3Atrue%2C%22settings%22%3Afalse%2C%22help%22%3Afalse}}

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I hope Yellowstone doesn't go anywhere until after I visit. Have no idea when that will be but I do plan on getting there someday. But if I wait long enough it may come to me. I think I remember seeing that if it blows, it'll cover the United States all the way to the East coast.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Years ago I saw a IMAX special about the Ring of Fire. It was pretty amazing and yet at the same time rather scary as we have no defense against what nature can lash out. I was within an hour drive from Mt. Saint Helens when it erupted in 1980 and that was close enough for me.

kwo51

Full Access Member
It is hard to prepare for a worldwide cataclysmic event. Kofi Annan Has the answer for all of us! EAT INSECTS, is that before we eat each other or after. AS long as some of the pressure is let off by volcanoes were ok.JMOP:plugged:

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Thank you for this site, the reason we are having so many because it's all in the bible, in Matthews 24 you can read it there but there other places in the bible also but to keep from turning into something that it might offend someone I will just keep it low key. You think it bad now just wait for a little while because it's going to get worse.

The Lord gave me a dream that we in the NW is going to have a big one here, I have been telling those who will hear that it's coming, some hear and some don't.

The Supreme Court is going to pass a law by this summer that every state in the U.S have to recognize same sex marriage and when that happen and it's going to stuff is going to hit the fan.

oppo

Full Access Member
The earth is much more densely populated, we have far better means of communication, and far more technology with which to detect seismic activity than ever before. In other words, we are much more aware of quakes than ever before. Most don't realize it but there are fault lines all over the country, including right under Dallas and Ft Worth.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I experienced a minor earthquake a couple years ago here in NC. The epicenter was in Virginia and did damage to some of the monuments in DC. I was working in a garage and the back door rattled. Sounded like a helicopter was in the back yard. Then it stopped and then it happened again. I didn't even feel it in my feet. Found out later it was a quake.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I experienced a minor earthquake a couple years ago here in NC. The epicenter was in Virginia and did damage to some of the monuments in DC. I was working in a garage and the back door rattled. Sounded like a helicopter was in the back yard. Then it stopped and then it happened again. I didn't even feel it in my feet. Found out later it was a quake.

Naw that wasn't a quake..that was your truck starting up.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Naw that wasn't a quake..that was your truck starting up.

It's been known to slow the Earths rotation on occasion. And it's caused the occasional Mustang or Camaro to quake all over itself. But I'm not taking responsibility for damaging the Washington monument. No sir. That wasn't me or my truck.

Members online

No members online now.