CA transport law?

ninja man

Full Access Member
so i recently rolled my truck and now i am without a vehicle. my wife has her car, but i am down to my motorcycle. i am about to pick up my springfield 1911 and would like to know if anyone from ca knows if i can transport it on my bike. i have read conflicting comments wether its a concealed weapon since its in a backpack and on me, but i also heard that the backpack would qualify as a trunk since there is no space to store in the bike storage. either way, it will be in the case and locked so im hoping someone here knows.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Dang son, dont roll the frakin bike and it be alright, dont worry as my man marley wood say mon.

SWSS from somewhere....

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Didn't you have a Ford Raptor? You rolled it? I think I may *sniff* (trying to hold it together).......how? Glad you're OK but how did you roll your truck?

ninja man

Full Access Member
dog tricks - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

thats the official story.

i actually found out about the gun transport law today. a friend of mine suggest i talk to the pd. so i called 2 different agencies and got the same answer. i CAN transport a handgun in my backpack while im on the bike. i called the milpitas police dept, which is about 100ft from the gun store where i purchased the firearm, and spoke to a friend of mine who is with the SFSO. locked and in the backpack is fine for transport. that means im going into work late on thursday..... gotta pick up the new piece of machinery. it is actually my shop gun. being a car audio shop owner, the items we carry are in high demand amongst thieves. with the late hours i pull a lot, i dont want to be an easy target.

ninja man

Full Access Member
as long as the ammo is not in the gun, i am ok. there is no issue with carrying ammo in my backpack as long as the gun remains unloaded. i will have the gun unloaded and locked in the case and the ammo, i can just throw in the backpack as well.

oppo

Full Access Member
Does the busa not have a small storage space under the pillion?

Btw, that this is even an issue at all sucks. Many of us could just load it up, stick it in a holster, & go on.

ninja man

Full Access Member
You could make it a bussa bagger.

thats not going to happen.

Does the busa not have a small storage space under the pillion?

Btw, that this is even an issue at all sucks. Many of us could just load it up, stick it in a holster, & go on.

yes it does have storage, but not anywhere near big enough to hole a handgun in a case.

I use a tank bag on my GSXR/600, Dont have to locked up though I just CC it there when riding......

screw you!!!!

(said with the highest possible amount of jealousy......)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts