Armed guards is what they want at sandy hook.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
When the rubber hits the road, when the stark and very real choice is either empty political posturing with useless gun control laws or doing something practical to protect your children, the only people laughing at the NRA are a media determined to protect anything and everything involving Barack Obama. Today the Newtown Board of Education made the only choice any parent can: It voted to put armed guards in its schools:

The vote, for now, only represents a request — it still needs to clear budget and logistical boundaries since the guards would come from the town’s police resources as opposed to the school board itself. But the plan ‘would put two eyes and ears — one armed, one unarmed — at each Newtown school,’ reports Bronxville Patch’s Davis Dunavin. The guards, officially called school resource officers (SROs), were already a fixture at all Newtown schools in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, but until this vote they were budgeted only to be a presence at middle and high Schools, according to NBC Connecticut.

The current push for gun controls by The State and its media is nothing more than another front in the relentless culture wars against Red State Americans and Bitter Clingers. None of the proposed laws would have stopped the Sandy Hook murderer, which should tell you everything you need to know.

Meanwhile, in Democrat-run Chicago, there’s a Newtown every month. But the only solution to that problem would be admitting harsh gun control laws and liberalism run amok have failed. So the media would rather Chicago’s monthly Sandy Hook goes on than ever admit to such an inconvenient truth.

The NRA proposed putting armed guns in schools, and now the school board closest to this tragedy agrees.

Keep laughing and ignoring Chicago, media. You’re only fooling your corrupt selves.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I still say they're missing the boat. Armed Guards are NOT going to be cheap. Although, if property taxes have to go up to keep the kids safe and that's what they feel is needed, then go for it. Whatever works. The kids lives are priceless so if that's what they choose, I'd applaud them for it.

I still think it's much cheaper to arm the school staff. They can interview and evaluate 5-10% of the school staff who volunteers to be a part of the program. Maybe these armed guard can double as playground attendants so teachers get their short breaks instead of taking turns. This also allows the kids to bond with the guards so they feel safe. Maybe they can double as janitorial staff, stocking bathrooms, emptying trash, moping floors between classes. They'll have to cut expenses somewhere.

Don't MAKE any member of the staff do it. Some people, even good people just don't need guns. I tell people all the time, if you're scared of guns, STAY AWAY from them. Now if you're willing to get over that fear, then get with someone who is knowledgable and patient to help you get past the fear. I've seen my bro call his son a pussy because my daughter would shoot guns and his son wouldn't. My nephew will now go shooting with me, but he won't go with his dad. Back to the point.

After deciding who will CONCEAL Carry, have them tactically trained and practice so they are efficient in their skills. That alone gives them the big advantage. Most of these mental issue bad guys aren't worth a damn with these guns. With 5-10% of your school staff being Tactically trained, there is a loaded defense weapon with a trained user at about every area of the school campus possible. A few rules

1) The Conceal Carry Staff is kept private as possible. Granted, some will be identified, but try to at least keep it as private as possible, and don't publish a list of who is carrying. School principal and local LE agencies are the only ones who need to know who is carrying. And all who carry need to know who else is carrying so they know who their back up is.

2) Weapon MUST BE CONCEALED. No elementary school kid really needs to be seeing or distracted by their teacher or other staff member open carrying a gun. Not to mention, it also does take away the element of surprise to the bad guy, and the shooter in a Jr or High School could actually and most likely will be a student of that school, so it's best the student's don't know.

3) (Optional) Pick a bright color, flourescent yellow, red, green or any other distinct color, and have all the conceal guns on the staff duracoated in that color. Keep it a secret. NOONE knows what the color is except the conceal to carry staff and Local LE depts. This way, all the carry staff is easily identified as one of the good guys and a DO NOT SHOOT at. PD comes on campus, they won't know the bad guys from the good guys. Or, it be some other form of clothing, or even ball cap. Something very distinct that the bad guys won't know the code of the GOOD GUYS, so they can't replicate it.

4) If the gun is on campus, it MUST BE on the person at ALL times. It's not allowed to be locked up in the teachers lounge lockers, or in the teachers desk etc. ON the person or not at all. This is how bad guys get guns. They'd do things like break into classrooms and desks just to find them. Make it known, NO GUN is left unatteneded or locked up EVER. JUst like 7-11, not many crooks rob a 7-11 knowing they're getting than $50. It's not worth the risk to them, so they don't do it.

I firmly believe done right, the schools can arm their staff. And of course if they choose not to, and want to go with Armed Guards, go for it. That will work too if you have enough of them, but the idea of 1 armed police officer per campus is STUPID. He'd be nothing more than just the First Target. Ambush him, now it's all about rock n roll.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I like this... Finally a parent at Sandy Hook who gets it right. We need Stability across the nation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ErRczoPa8c]CTNJ-TV: Mattioli Family On Gun Control - YouTube[/ame]

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Finally Found the one I was looking for.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhXPlCjr0Vw[/ame]

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Nice to see smart educated people who understand all of it... He owned them. I have family that are retired teachers. They agree with me that Guns don't kill people, people kill people......part of the problem is todays youth... thinking that doing something like this is OK..... we always kill them so they never have a trial and be dealt with by men without guns in a state pen. Even criminals have a code of conduct and child abusers are on there list for sure..... just a little piece of my brain....Concealed 27

Trixxterr

Yeah, I saw the second video posted somewhere. I forget where. Probably here, and I sent it to everyone I know, and posted it to every board I'm on, that it wasn't already posted. And of course on FB too. I'd say he did a good job of owning them too! From his mouth to GOD'S ears..

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yeah, I saw the second video posted somewhere. I forget where. Probably here, and I sent it to everyone I know, and posted it to every board I'm on, that it wasn't already posted. And of course on FB too. I'd say he did a good job of owning them too! From his mouth to GOD'S ears..

I was trying to figure out where I'd had seen it. It was on FB I seen it. Not only was he right, he also got applauded which meant he was not the only one that thought like he did.

Trixxterr

I was trying to figure out where I'd had seen it. It was on FB I seen it. Not only was he right, he also got applauded which meant he was not the only one that thought like he did.

Yeah, I either saw it posted here or on Texas Gun Talk, the other weapon board I'm on. Then again it could've been ARF.com.. Lol,once I posted it to FB, my friends/family all reposted so I know it made the rounds..

kwo51

Full Access Member
Why send your kids to the government schools to have them taught marxism????? Home school them that way they learn the truth. Even if you fail you've done better than the gov. has done. Close the schools stop the buses and protect your own kids.

Members online

No members online now.