Anyone else catching the meteor shower?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Last night and tonight we (Earth) is passing through an asteroid debris field. We've been catching meteors streaking across the sky in a North to South direction. Nothing spectacular with a trail or anything. Just a streak of light as the meteor burns up in the atmosphere.

oppo

Full Access Member
...not until I saw this thread. I had to go outside and look. Pretty cool :waytogo:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Their shooting at us. Sure glad our shields are up! Hope we pass through ok.

They say there's nothing big enough to reach the ground. Everything should burn up in the atmosphere. It's just neat to watch them shooting across the sky. My question is, every December we cross through this asteroid debris field. The asteroid has an orbit around the sun. How long will it be before we (the Earth) and the asteroid try to occupy the same space?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
We were fortunate to have two crystal clear nights here. A bit chilly but beautiful for viewing the stars. We went out front with all the outside lights off and the sky was just lit up with stars. And we caught a number of meteors shooting by.

Someday we want to get to Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas off the West coast of Florida. They say the night sky is incredible out there. Since you're so far away from civilization the stars shine exceptionally bright.

A little history on Fort Jefferson: http://www.nps.gov/drto/historyculture/fort-jefferson.htm

15-awesome.jpg

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
35 miles west of gainesville fl not as far to swim. Nights are dark beer is cold. One of the best ways to go to the fort is float plane.

Members online

No members online now.