Anybody Ubuntu?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Get your mind out of the gutter.

Ubuntu is a computer operating system. Instead of Mac OS or Windows you can download and install Ubuntu (for free). It's a Linux operating system. I'm finding it pretty interesting so far. I think with this last release they promise 5 years of security upgrades. I'm still playing around with it to see if it has any limitations.

If you have any favorite Windows programs I don't know if there's a way to get them to work on an Ubuntu box. Haven't gotten that far yet. It's a whole new world I'm discovering.

So if we have any Linux/Ubuntu experts out there, chime in.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Well my original post had two targets. One was to get pointers from experienced Ubuntu users and second was to enlighten those with older Windows XP boxes that don't want to move onto Windows 7 (or whatever number they're up to). There is another low cost option for an operating system.

There are days that playing with a stick would have been more exciting than working on a computer. Had a DVD drive that would get half way through loading the program and then quit. Took forever to determine it was a hardware problem. I just thought the computer didn't like the software I was loading.

Members online

No members online now.