any left handed guys?

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Im both.. but the price is way to much...I keep thinking that having one to match a right handed one would be a nice set.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Left eye dominent, Shoot Long Guns Left Handed...Primary carry & other pistols RH. Can shoot pistol left handed also but not near as good... Would only do it I had to, sometimes I pack my Keltec in a remora holster at 830...

ygbsm35

Started out right handed but a 50BMG exploded and took most my right hand and wrist. Now I shoot left. Not too well but can hit the target most of the time.

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
Started out right handed but a 50BMG exploded and took most my right hand and wrist. Now I shoot left. Not too well but can hit the target most of the time.

That sucks. Sorry man. Must admit I'm kinda curious about it... The story and how it looks. Don't mean to be offensive at all.

ygbsm35

Was shooting a Maadi with ammo that a friend gave me. Went and shot about 100 rounds then on about 101 or so slammed in a fresh round and as soon as it hit the chamber it lit off. Did have time to throw the bolt. The only thing trying to hold it in was my hand and it lost. The bolt cut a path between my thumb and index finger to my wrist. What I have left of my hand is my ring and pinky fingers and parts cann'ed from all over my body. 22 surgery later and what I miss the most is the wrist and the thumb. Pic maybe this weekend.

ygbsm35

Arkansasguns, BTW where in Arkansas are you. My brother still lives there. I moved about 40 years ago. We are (was) in Jonesboro.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I'm left handed but shoot right handed due right eye dominance, so handguns I shoot both left and right and just as good with either hand. Kinda the same way with tools. I write left handed. Bat and Pitch right handed, most everything else I can do with either hand.

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
Arkansasguns, BTW where in Arkansas are you. My brother still lives there. I moved about 40 years ago. We are (was) in Jonesboro.

I can't imagine the pain. I'm in the southeast below Pine Bluff. Pretty good ways from Jonesboro. I have a few friends in that area though.

ygbsm35

How do you put a picture in here? Its not pretty but you asked for it. HAHA a little humor.

Last edited:

ygbsm35

I'm left handed but shoot right handed due right eye dominance, so handguns I shoot both left and right and just as good with either hand. Kinda the same way with tools. I write left handed. Bat and Pitch right handed, most everything else I can do with either hand.

Wish I had started doing that a long time ago. It is good to practice with both hands just in case something goes wrong.
OZ

ygbsm35

Hand

Here is the pic of my rt hand. Or what is left of it.
OZ

Attachments

• 20130125_164207.jpg
    20130125_164207.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 14

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Here is the pic of my rt hand. Or what is left of it.
OZ

Obviously something went wrong there. Have you become comfy shooting left handed now or still working on it.? It's amazing the things the human body can learn to do to compensate for disabilities. I could see how loading a magazine with ammo might be a challenge.

While on disabilities, I don't advertise it, but I don't keep it a secret either. I'm not ambo by choice or a conscious effort. As said, I am Left Hand Dominate with writing. Many other things I am Right Hand Dominate. I currently am awaiting surgery for severe carpal tunnel and tests show my left hand to be worse than the right, so obviously the left get used more.

Imagine hitting a baseball or shooting a rifle left handed, but being 100% blind or not having a left eye. It doesn't work so well. Now imagine handwriting right handed and being blind in your left eye. You actually wouldn't be able to see what you were writing very well since your right hand would be in the way. So, that is probably why at a young age I started writing with my left hand according to experts. Because of different scenarios and using the best choice of hands for vision depending on the task, I've learned to use both hands on specific tasks, so that means both hands have some dominance and that's why I can shoot a hand gun both handed. Of course more accurate right handed, but depending on how I tilt my head or the angle I"m shooting, I can be just as accurate with the left.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Hotrodpc you are on a long drawn out nerve release program. If you have not tried acupuncture try it. No side effects and may save you some pain. I am fighting having both hands released again first one at 50 now 62 and have both elbows done for tennis and golfers elbow, don't plan either. Drs said next would be shoulders then back. I practice with 22 when I can get them , a couple of mags of 45 and my hands shake for a while. Run a weed eater and they shake for days. My thumbs feel like hell all the time. Good luck, and there are alternatives to the knife .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts